Elected Official, Matanuska Susitna Assembly, Palmer, Alaska.
1993 – 2000 and 1985 – 1988
- Ran for office and was successfully elected to serve 3.5 terms as an Assembly member.
- Voted by Assembly membership to serve three years as the Deputy Mayor.
- Prepared, submitted for approval and operated within $210 million area-wide budget.
- Testified before legislative bodies and in state hearings regarding funding and budgets for local projects.
- Proposed and passed legislation that repealed the Borough Personal Property Tax.
- Proposed and passed Revenue sharing for road services areas.
- Proposed and passed legislation that eliminated Inventory Tax on small businesses.
Sole Proprietor, Willow True Value Hardware/ Grocery & Service, Willow, Alaska
1977 – Present
- Founded and currently operate a multi-faceted service business in a 2,500 person community for 40 years.
- Oversee all facets of business: insurance, finance, purchasing, personnel, and inventory management.
- Adhere to Federal and State laws and regulations regarding appropriate business procedures.
- Sell, design, and install water/sewer systems.
- Administer the Local Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Stamps) at our Grocery Store.
- Regularly work with Local Farmers/Garden Groups by stocking and selling seeds, fertilizer, potatoes, hay/straw, and animal feed.
Avionics Officer, Lieutenant, US Navy, U.S.S. Forrstal, Norfolk, Virginia.
- Assigned to aircraft carrier, supervising 400 sailors. During tenure, served in Vietnam.
- Previously served as Aircraft Maintenance and Projects Officer for research and development at Naval Weapons Center, China Lake, California.
- Retired Lieutenant USN 22 years service.
Communications Officer (G-6), Alaska State Defense Force, Alaska National Guard Armory, Anchorage and Wasilla, Alaska.
1994 – Present
- Twenty-three years experience with Alaska State Defense Force, with current rank of Colonel.
- Nine years experience as Liaison between ASDF and State Homeland Security in both State Emergency Operations Center (SEOC), and National Guard Joint Operations Center (JOC).
- Participated in Command Level exercises, Vigilant Guard (2010, 2014) and Pandemic Flu exercise.
- Instrumental in organizing the return of military presence to rural Alaskan communities.
- Successful in establishing one-year Leadership Courses for ASDF youth in seven Alaskan cities.
- Coordinate statewide military communications network (radios, satellite, phones, satellite phones, satellite internet systems, and amateur radio systems) and coordinate 18 technical personnel, including logistics.